- I am the same age as Sesame Street.
- The Dr that delivered me never delivered any more babies. He
had a nervous breakdown and was hospitalized. True story.
- My dad did actually drop me on my head as a child. Luckily
I was wearing a thick knit hat my mom had made me.
- I am mother of two boys.
- I am a wife.
- I am a full-time student, again after taking 14 years off. The
difference is that this time I want to learn something rather than wanting
simply to get through it.
- I am a musician. I have played flute and piccolo for 26
years. I was going to be a famous musician but seem to have taken
a sidetrack into reality. But being a musician is different than playing
music. It is a way of feeling music pass through you.
- I am a bookworm. There is never a time when I am not
in the middle of reading something.
- I have a serious book buying problem and have stacks and stacks
of books on the "to read" list.
- I am an English Lit. major (see #8-9)
- I am a Music Major (never could give that up)
- I am a Gender Studies minor. Not sure why that is, but
it seemed like a good idea at the time. There are some people I trust
completely and have trouble saying no to. One of those people suggested
this would be good for me. So far it has been an interesting choice.
- I worry that I will never graduate.
- I worry that I will graduate.
- I get depressed. Not a little blue, but curled up in a
ball for hours sobbing, depressed. It scares me sometimes.
- I wish I was a better mom/friend/person.
- Sometimes, I secretly think I am ruining my kids lives.
- I also secretly think that everyone but me knows what's wrong
with me and no one will tell me.
- I love baseball. I crave it like a drug all winter and
it is the true harbinger of Spring for me. The sounds remind me of
summers with my father and grandfather.
- I live and die by the NY Mets. Born and raised a Mets fan I
learned how to say "We'll get 'em next year at a very early age." I
never miss a game if it is humanly possible.
- I love spending time with my family. We laugh until
my sides hurt over nothing at all.
- I am obsessive.
- When I die I want my ashes thrown out over Shea Stadium. really.
Right after a big Irish wake with music and drinks.
- I am easily star struck by academics as well as celebrities.
- I love Harry Connick Jr., George Clooney, Patrick Stewart, Viggo
Mortenson, Sean Connery, Richard Gere.
- I hate stupid people.
- I love Jane Austen, George Elliot and Edith Wharton.
- I hate comic books (with the exception of Far Side and Calvin
- Think my son might be Calvin.
- I watch a lot of TV. Don't care. Love it.
- Love Will and Grace, 24, Sopranos, Boston Public, Six Feet Under
and any "made for TV musical"
- I love showtunes.
- Have over 200 cds that include almost every genre of music.
- I love jazz. Wish I could play jazz. I am making
an effort to learn.
- I try to be a writer.
- I have hazel eyes that sometimes look an intense shade of green.
- I don't remember my natural hair color.
- I can do medieval calligraphy and illumination.
- I used to fence in tournaments dressed in medieval garb.
- I can knit and crochet. Whenever I do I remember the way
my grandmother's hands used to never be idle - always creating something
to comfort someone she loved. I miss her.
- Sometimes I cook and when I do I am pretty good at it.
- I talk too much.
- I love to buy electronic gadgets - lots of them. Toys
make me happy.
- I think TiVo is my new best friend.
- I don't have many friends.
- The ones I have I would do anything for. almost.
- My son inherited my crazy genes. I feel incredibly guilty
about that. He is too young to be depressed.
- I giggle a lot. Sometimes at very inappropriate times.
- I sometimes have the attention span of a gnat.
- I love Disneyworld! I go almost every year.
- Tigger made his film debut the year I was born.
- I secretly wish I was a cabaret singer.
- I have to sing when I am driving.
- I talk to myself. A lot.
- I am very close to my family.
- I wish I was more spiritual but I don't believe in organized
- I am not nice enough.
- I have a very bad temper. I yell a lot. And I yell
- I never had sex in the back of a car as a teenager. I
have as an adult. It's a favorite memory.
- I rarely hold a grudge.
- I love when everything is organized.
- I am a terrible housekeeper.
- I am online too much.
- Would stay online more if I could manage it.
- I always feel awkward in social situations. I leave every
event replaying the entire thing in my mind and wishing I had done or said
- Don't do well in crowds.
- Don't like cities.
- Love to be near the ocean and just listen and feel it pulling
- Don't like to swim in the ocean. Afraid of the fish.
- Don't eat any seafood. Ever.
- Try to eat well. Not always successful.
- Love chocolate. Almost as good as sex. Not quite.
- Stress about losing weight.
- Eat when I am stressed.
- Love pets. Have a cat, fish, bird, and soon a dog.
- I can obsess over one piece of music, or even one phrase in
a piece of music, or one chord in a phrase, for weeks at a time.
- I have trouble saying no to people who ask me to do things for
- I love being a student. I look forward to the difficult classes
where I will actually learn something.
- I am going to be a college English professor so I can stay in classes
and never join the real world.
- I am a sucker for a guy with a foreign accent (add musical or artistic
talent to that and it's all over)
- I have over 200 DVDs.
- I can wiggle my ears.
- I can't stand small minded bigots who jump on the political bandwagon
of "patriotism" without thinking a single thought for themselves.
- I am pro-choice. There are more lives to be saved than just
that of the baby.
- I have been known to be obsessed for years at a time over the Titanic
and the Kennedys.
- My friends and family refer to me as an overwhelming source of useless
- There are days when I think it would be a very good idea to run
away and live in a tiny apartment filled with books and just be the crazy
- My favorite colors are green and brown, but I like most deep rich
colors. I don't like bright gaudy things or prissy pastels. And
also think you should never staple 6,000 anything to the wall in an effort
- I am terrified of getting injections or having blood drawn. I
hyperventilate and make myself sick.
- Self help gurus make my skin crawl.
- My moods are extremely weather dependent. A few rainy days
in a row can send me scrambling for chick flicks and wallowing music.
- Favorite all-time cds: Chicago - Soundtrack, Les Miserables
- Complete Symphonic Recording, Jonatha Brooke - Ten Cent Wings, Dave Brubeck
- Take Five, Harry Chapin - Verities and Balderdash, 10,000 Maniacs - In
My Tribe, Harry Connick Jr. - We are In Love, Harry Connick Jr. - Songs I've
Heard, Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell.
- I can procrastinate better than anyone I know. I will procrastinate
until I worry myself sick that I won't finish something in time. This
list has taken longer than you will ever know.
- I am the queen of mediocre. I can do many things a little
bit but few things very well. (See #49)
- The only things I can make out of play-doh are snakes and snowmen.
- I sometimes go to campus just to soak it all in and breathe in the
stale smell of the English Department.
- I am most definitely not a high-maintenance kind of girl. No
foofy hairstyles and weekly manicures. I am a jeans and sweater kind of gal.
- I do love to spend the day at the spa but I giggle uncontrollably
at the idea of mass marketed tranquility.
- I am just starting to figure out what I am going to be when I grow
up. This is not how I pictured my life. Not better. Not
worse. Just not what I imagined.
- There are still things about me that you will never know and I will
never add to this list.